Administrator

Vantage - Summer Weather

June 9, 2015. Climbed at the Feathers today with my daughter and, even though it was close to 100 F in the sun, we could chase the shade around at the Feathers. We climbed from about 9:30am to 3:30pm and hardly needed the chalk. This reminded me of Charlie Hickenbottom's article on Shady Summer Climbing telling how to work different local climbing areas in summer.

Ran into a number of Ellensburg and Ephrata climbers -- Fred Dunham, Lisa Hansen, Paul ** . Lisa was celebrating her first day of summer freedom (as a teacher she had just wrapped up the school year). For Fred (well into retirement) every day is the first day of summer. There are climbers from E2 (Ellensburg and Ephrata) who usually convene at Vantage every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.

I was at the Feathers yesterday from around 3:30 to 9, we had the whole place entirely to ourselves. Evening light and temperatures were perfect.

Went to Frenchman today, no one to be seen. A bit windy but good to be on warm rock.

Hey look! We have some climbing chatter in the climbing forum...

Administrator
    Amazing--climbing chatter.

For folks that want to get out with other local climbers I repeat the E2 folks meet at Vantage to climb on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Meanwhile a sub-group of the Climbing Chatter list (Old Men on the Rocks) have been coordinating through the climbing-chatter list and climbing regularly on Wednesday afternoons.