Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll let you borrow mine sometime Nate. Do you have any 3 pin boots?

Administrator
    Welcome to use my Hoks as well Nate...although the low snow now is gone or garbage.
    Aaron -- you ski the Hoks up around Mission at all? Last year... or maybe 2 years ago there were tracks that I was wondering about -- something looked funny about the pole marks and I was wondering whether someone was using a single pole.

Not this year, but I have in years past. I like to ski them in the clear cuts below Devil's Spur pullout and the trees down that way too. The Outback is another favorite mid winter when the Ridge is closed. Squilchuck is another nice spot mid winter or when the snow is soft later. It's amazing how they change the way you look at terrain, especially in areas where you would normally snowshoe. I've used them up in the area around Tronsen Meadows and north of there a bit. I think the most "BC" thing I've done is skiing out XC15 trail and then off the top of Windy Knob. I didn't plan on it but the snow was so nice and the stability was great so I went for it.

I haven't tried the tiak or lurk yet, I was an inveterate telemarker for so long it's pretty comfortable to make tele turns in soft snow. I'm guessing if the snow is firmer that alpine turns with the single pole would be a better choice.
    Last edited by AaronW; 02-17-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks for the beta, Aaron. I've been thinking about poles you could use as two ski poles on the way up and then fasten together (like a break-apart kayak paddle) for a single pole descent. Probably makes more sense just getting comfortable going up with the single pole but I do think there may be more efficiency using two poles going up but much greater stability with the single pole coming down.

Aaron, thanks for the ideas on where you can use your Hoks locally. I have been chatting with Andy about wanting to test a pair out, but was debating in my head what sort of hill/mountain side I would feel comfortable skiing them on. Thanks for the tips!