Talking Steel Fixed Anchors at Vantage

Todays climbing report from my husband Mark Shaffer, is that there are now steel fixed carabiners at the top of each route at the Sunshine Wall at Vantage. They are essentially welded on to the anchor system for each route as I understand.

This is advantageous as you will no longer have to clean a route to set it up and can run the rope directly through this so that you can just pull the rope after you are done cleaning it. It is unknown who installed these or how long exactly they have been there, but based on talk at the rock wall today they had to be installed in the last few months.

On the Feathers as well. I was out there back in mid December when I met the guy who was installing them (Tom I think was his name? He was from Wenatchee, so perhaps he'll chime in...), he just started around then and donated every single one. Big thanks to him!

Thanks for the heads up Tangeman I have a bet I might know who this "Tom" fellow is. I will shoot him an email to find out. Will let you all know if I get the word it is who I think it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fixed anchors.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	1764

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FixedAnchors.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1765

I was able to confirm it was Tom Michael who put in the majority of the new fixed anchors out at Vantage. He sent some photos of the fixed carabiners he has attached to the anchors. He wanted me to spread the word that he wants people to use the fixed carabiners as he will replace them when they get worn out. Thanks Tom!