Squilchuck State Park

I thought it would be a good time to start a Squilchuck thread for ride reports, conditions, and a place to post work parties, construction reports, etc. At the present time the trails are closed to allow snow to melt and muddy spots to dry up. Maintenance has begun to fix the damage from last summers moondust on Yellow Jacket. Some of the reason for trail closure is to allow the maintenance areas to set up before being used, otherwise we will just be doing it again next year. If there is enough interest, I'll take a work party out on Sunday afternoon, 4-10-16. If you are interested, shoot me a text at 679-5797 or e-mail at matt@evergreenmtb.org.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squilchuck Trails 2016.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	1774Here is a map of the current trails at the park.

Snowing hard this morning, I'm sure the trails will be extra muddy and soft now. I will check tomorrow on conditions.

If I remember correctly, Dark Forest trail had a big blow down/landslide on it this winter up past the switch backs on the western side of the loop.

Is there an updated map somewhere?

I rode squilchuck the other day and there are some new trails off the old roads on the east side of the park. A few are very rocky fast descents! The flow of the whole park is pretty nice. I came up vulture gulch/yellow jacket/dark forest, then rode several short loops on new trails in the upper area, another lap around dark forest (I like this trail for the easy technical climb going up from the west side of the lot) and then back down Yellow Jacket.

I lost a Zefal HPX frame pump when I crashed on the 130 trail Thursday. If anyone one finds it I would appreciate getting it back.

Not ideal map wise:
    https://www.strava.com/segments/expl...p_type/terrain

You might need a strava login to see it.

Well thanks for showing me a new resource. At any rate there are defiantly some new trails on the left side as you head into the park.