New Climbing Gym

Got to go down to the new gym Saturday and Sunday. Very friendly staff, beautiful building, never had to wait for a rope even though the place was buzzing, auto-belay devices are spectacular. I've never climbed on one before but they are great. Lower walls are very high and upper area is great for kids and beginners.

All in all I am very impressed with the design of the place. There's a cafe, cardio room with campus boards, retail shop, two bouldering spots, five(?) auto belay devices, maybe 40 ropes total?

1st pic - upper ropes and bouldering area
    2nd pic - tallest part of roped section
    3rd pic - bouldering pads for seats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4960.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	1843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4955.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	1844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4961 (1).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	1845

Administrator
    Thanks for the pics. I was talking to Mark Shipman (one of the partners in the venture) last night and he said they would 'theoretically' be getting their liquor license and their walk-in cooler today. He said both of those things with crossed fingers. If not today, soon anyways.

cardio equipment was supposed to come Friday as well. went again last night and although the parking lot was packed, my daughter and I rarely had to wait for a rope. probably close to 50 climbers bouldering, top roping, milling about. they said they were waiting for the pizza oven and panini maker as well. they had a good spread of salads and some baked goods too. it's quite a facility.